Are you looking for a way to make positive changes to your life and create a happier, more fulfilling lifestyle? Everyone deserves the chance to live their best life, which is why having positive habits are an important part of forming that reality. Habits can be formed in any area of life, from health to relationships, work success, and just overall happiness. With this blog post, I’m sharing 100 actionable habits that have been proven to increase personal success! Read on if you’re ready to give your life a transformative boost!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps keep my website up and running and is very appreciated. Thank you for your support! You can read my full disclosure policy here.
In This Post
What are habits?
“A habit something that you do often and regularly, sometimes without knowing that you are doing it” Cambridge English dictionary
In essence, our habits are what make us, our good habits drive us forward whilst our bad habits hold us back. Therefore to reach our full potential we must get rid of those negative habits and beliefs and replace them with positive ones. Of course, it’s not always as simple as just deciding to change what we do. Letting go of bad habits and behaviours can be harder than we think. After all, that’s why they’re called a habit in the first place.
How do we develop positive habits?
Developing good habits can take a considerable amount of time and hard work. For many of us, we start with good intentions, however gradually we fall back into our old habits without even realising it. We’ve all been there, January is around the corner and we make all these healthy new year resolutions only to be back where we started by March.
As we introduce new habits in our lives we expect our life to change quickly, however, changes don’t happen overnight. When we don’t see results quickly enough we get frustrated and discouraged, leading us to eventually give up. It doesn’t have to be this way though. Instead of taking on too much, try starting small, and implementing small changes that eventually become habits. In other words, don’t increase the effort until the habit becomes a natural part of your day.
For example, if you want to start eating healthy, instead of changing your whole diet, start with changing just one thing such as eating more fruit or veg. As this becomes the norm, add in another aspect such as reducing sugar intake. This may take more time to achieve your goals but it’s also much more sustainable and you are more likely to succeed.
For those of you wanting to incorporate some more positive habits into your daily life, I have listed 100 positive habits to get you started. Now, most of these habits alone probably won’t make a huge difference to your life, however when a few of them are combined you will no doubt see some great improvements. Like I said previously don’t overwhelm yourself. Pick out a few simple habits and make them part of your life. You can gradually add more as and when you feel necessary.
100 Positive habits that can improve your life:
1. Spend time in nature
2. Practice meditation.
3. Go hug someone.
4. Try to laugh and smile more often.
5. Make time for self-care
6. Do some sort of physical exercise every day.
7. Eat well.
8. Take time to reflect.
9. Do something nice for someone.
10. Develop positive beliefs.
11. Get rid of clutter.
12. Read more.
13. Have a digital detox.
14. Start a journal
15. Let go of the past.
16. Don’t smoke.
17. Don’t compare yourself to others.
18. Re-evaluate your toxic relationships.
19. Be kind to yourself and others.
20. Take off your make-up before bed.
21. Take time to rest if need be.
22. Indulge in regular pampering sessions.
23. Eat more fruit and vegetables.
24. Choose healthy fats.
25. Reduce sugar intake.
26. Stay hydrated.
27. Sleep more.
28. Start the day with a healthy breakfast.
29. Find creative alternatives to unhealthy foods.
30. Have a morning routine.
31. Follow your dreams.
32. Swap soda for water.
33. Use essential oils to boost your well-being.
34. Look after your skin.
35. Use sunscreen.
36. Travel and seek out new cultures.
37. Make a bucket list.
38. Eat more superfoods.
39. Drink less alcohol
40. Donate to a food bank often.
41. Always listen to your body.
42. Forgive and let go of anger.
43. Correct your posture.
44. Incorporate balance exercises into your fitness routine.
45. Surround yourself with positive people.
46. Maintain good oral hygiene.
47. Try taking cold showers.
48. Say NO to things you don’t want.
49. Introduce positive affirmations.
50. Listen to your intuition.
51. Watch less TV.
52. Check your breasts.
53. Visualise your dream life.
54. Use the stairs instead of lifts.
55. Always go to your routine health checkups.
56. Learn to step out of your comfort zone occasionally.
58. Value your alone time.
59. Eat less red meat.
60. Prioritise your to-do list and go after the most difficult task first.
61. Seek out new learning opportunities.
62. Have occasional treats.
63. Do a daily thought dump.
64. Set regular goals for all areas of your life.
65. Give your best at all times.
66. See failure as a stepping stone to success.
67. Choose organic if possible.
68. Be yourself.
69. Always make time for family and friends.
70. Set deadlines.
71. Go outside every day.
72. Do something that scares you.
73. Call or chat with a loved one regularly.
74. Have plants around the house.
75. Try dry brushing to boost circulation.
76. Keep finances in check.
77. Have a hobby.
78. Listen to music.
79. Walk instead of driving if you can.
80. Take responsibility for your actions.
81. Look after your mental health.
82. Find ways to reduce stress and anxiety.
83. Be a good listener.
84. Drink less caffeine.
85. Try not to worry about things you can’t control.
86. Donate unwanted items to charity.
87. Eat less processed food.
88. Do your taxes.
89. Be punctual.
90. Practice gratitude.
91. Have an emergency fund.
92. Don’t make excuses.
93. Learn to take risks.
94. Live below your means.
95. Cook from scratch.
96. Donate to charity.
97. Be confident in your actions.
98. Eat at the table instead on in front of the TV.
99. Try out new recipes.
100. Live life to the fullest!
It’s amazing what a difference just 100 small positive changes can make. Thinking about the future and putting in those extra hours or sacrifices now can pay off in the long run. All of these methods are possible to implement into your life, however, some may need more time and determination than others. Nevertheless, focus on one habit at a time until you master it. Once you feel like you have, then move on to the next one, building up your list of positive habits bit by bit! If you set clear goals and maintain your focus on achieving them, chances are you will be achieving more than ever before, benefiting greatly from these positive lifestyle habits. So why wait? Take those first steps to improve your life!
Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate every one of you who takes the time to read and make it to the end! I have lots of exciting new content coming in the next few weeks so make sure you pop back to catch up!
If you want to focus on becoming the best, happiest version of yourself subscribe to the blog or follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.